Yum Yum!


Monday, November 14, 2011

Chewy Walnut Squares

This afternoon I whipped up these delightful little treats for the ladies at church that I visit teach. I cut this recipe out of a fundraiser book and while I was in the middle of it, I realized some typos in it. I pieced it together the best I could. So I'm not entirely sure if I got the recipe right, or even what they should have been like in the end result. They aren't the prettiest thing, but I tasted them and thought they were delish, and since they fit in perfectly with my lesson, I decided to go for it! I'm looking forward to eating a few tonight with a bit of vanilla ice cream!

Chewy Walnut Squares
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C flour
1 C brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 C chopped walnuts

Stir together egg, baking soda, and vanilla. Quickly stir in the flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add in walnuts. Spread into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

1 comment:

scubamom said...

I used to love grannys walnut squares!