In the future I will try it with puff pastry shells as an appetizer or on the pizza crust like it calls for.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 12-inch Italian bread shell (Boboli)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line bottom of rimmed baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange bacon slices on pan; set aside. In small bowl stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Generously sprinkle brown sugar mixture on bacon slices. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned; remove and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
2. In small bowl toss together pear slices and lemon juice; set aside. In medium bowl stir together cream cheese, onions, and black pepper to taste. Place pizza crust on clean baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture on crust. Chop bacon and evenly sprinkle on cheese mixture. Arrange pear slices on bacon. Top with pecans and feta cheese. Makes 10 to 12 appetizer servings.
3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.