Yum Yum!


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cheese and Herb Shortbread Crisps

Today I made these savory shortbread crisps. I found this recipe on one of the blogs I like to follow. They were super easy to make and the taste sooo yummy! I am excited to have them with dinner tonight (homemade chicken noodle soup).
Cheese and Herb Shortbread Crisps

1/2 C soft butter
1 1/4 C grated cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, jack and moz)
3/4 C flour
2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary or basil (I didn't have any so I just added my dried basil)
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp garlic salt or just salt
dash of pepper

Beat butter until smooth. In another bowl, toss all other ingredients. Stir flour mixture into butter until a dough forms. Shape into a 9 inch log and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours, or freeze for 1. Preheat over to 325. Slice log into 1/4 inch rounds and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake until golden on edges, about 20-22 minutes. Cool completely.




No comments: