Yum Yum!


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cherry Macaroon Cookies

I wanted to make a sweet treat for Travis' potluck tomorrow and I found this recipe in my LionHouse Christmas book. These puppies are dynamite!!! I had one warm right out of the oven and it was super delish! I would recommend these to anyone who likes maraschino cherries and coconut. They were also perfect for the potluck because I only did one batch and it makes tons of cookies. Don't worry, I set some aside for us to keep!

Cherry Macaroon Cookies
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/3 C shortening
2 eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 1/2 C flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 375. Cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, almond extract and salt, mix well. In a separate bowl, sit together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and flaked coconut and mix well. Dough will be stiff. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.

P.S. I also think these would be awesome if you added walnuts or maybe even white chocolate!

No comments: