Yum Yum!


Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chewy Granola Bars

I found this recipe on a calender and thought it would be fun to try. We enjoy granola bars around here, so this one would be fun to mix and match ingredients. I will have to try out different dried fruits, cereals and nuts. And perhaps a drizzle of chocolate...

Chewy Granola Bars
2 C crushed Chex cereal (I used cinnamon flavored Chex)
2 C dry oats
1/2 C raisins
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C light corn syrup
1/2 C peanut butter (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE peanut butter?)
1 tsp vanilla
Cooking spray

In a large bowl mix the cereal, oats and raisins. In a small sauce pan, mix brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Press firmly into 9x13 pan that has been sprayed well with cooking spray. Cook and cut into 16 bars.

No comments: