Yum Yum!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Yummy! I ripped this recipe out of a magazine recently and made it this weekend. I didn't know what to expect because the process is different than other cakes I've made, but I knew it would be rich and moist and it was. I especially loved the crispy top and I actually dusted it with powdered sugar before I served it, but it didn't cut out very pretty so I didn't bother taking pictures of that.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
7 oz semisweet chocolate
3/4 C butter
1 C sugar
4 eggs, with yolks and whites separated

1. Preheat over to 300. Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan (doubler broiler would work best but I don't have one). Stir together half the sugar and the egg yolks, then add to melted chocolate and butter.

2. Beat egg whites and slowly add the other half of the sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into greased 9 inch cake pan.

3. Bake 40 minutes (mine needed a bit longer), or until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs on it. Cool 30 minutes at least, and dust with powdered sugar.

No comments: