Yum Yum!


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Muffins and my new Cake Stand

I got a cake stand for my birthday and I just love it! Until today, I had only used it upside down as a fruit bowl, but I finally baked something that I can put on it and look pretty!

I made some muffins today to share with a neighbor on her birthday. I cheated and used a mix, but then made a vanilla glaze with a recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

I think they turned out pretty, but I was really disappointed with the glaze. I guess I was picturing something more like a frosted glaze and this one ended up tasting and looking more like pancake syrup. But I gave some to the kids I teach art to and they loved them, so I guess it was still pretty good.

Note: I also had a chance to use my new silicone cupcake liners from my grandma. I think they are the coolest thing!


No comments: