Yum Yum!


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake


Can you say YUM?! I can!!!

I made this for my mom and sister (with my new spring form pan that my grandma gave me). It was the dessert after a very girly, frilly dinner that we made. It was rich and delish!!!

Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake

18 crushed Oreos (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 T butter
3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz (1 package) melted semi-sweet baking chocolate (I used dark chocolate chips which was just fine) and cooled slightly
3 eggs
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325 for a 9 inch silver pan or 300 for a dark pan. Mix cookie crumbs and butter, press firmly into pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until wells blended. Add melted chocolate, mix well. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Pour over crust.

Bake 55-60 minutes or until almost set. Run knife around cake to loosed edges. Store in fridge. Cool completely before removing from spring form pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Cut a heart out of wax paper, place on top and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

No comments: