Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
I'll start with the bad...The bad news is that I didn't follow the instructions when the recipe said to spray the cupcake pan and I used liners instead. The consequence was that they stuck HORRIBLY to the paper and much was inedible. Plus I made these for dinner when we had our neighbors over and I was sad and embarrassed to have such a flop. But I suppose that just goes along with the fun of trying new recipes all the time.
The good news is that the parts you could eat were yummy!
Chocolate Macaroon Cupcakes
2 T (1 oz) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 C condensed milk
1/8 tsp salt
2 C shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spay cupcake cups with cooking spray.
2. In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the milk and salt. Stir in the coconut and vanilla.
3. Fill the cups 1/2 full. Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
4 T softened butter
2 C coconut
1 package softened cream cheese (8 oz)
2 C powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Melt 2 T butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in coconut and keep stirring until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
2. In a bowl, cream the other 2 T butter with the cream cheese until creamy. Add in sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth. Stir in the toasted coconut.