Yum Yum!


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pretty Pink Cookies (made with mayonnaise)

Yup, you saw that right-these cookies are made with mayonnaise! I got this recipe from a book that my mom passed along to me a while back and I just ripped out some of the ones that appealed to me. I was just plain curious with this recipe. I was a little afraid of it, but pleasantly surprised! They are perfect for when you want cookies but don't have eggs on hand, they are very soft, and ridiculously easy to make.

I didn't tell Travis what was in these, for fear he wouldn't try them. But because he ate like 5 yesterday, I think they passed the taste test and I can now reveal my little secret-heehee! 

I made these for a potluck at Travis' school and I really wanted to try my hand at a little more pipping. Plus, I'm addicted to the frosting!

Mayonnaise Cookies
1 C mayo
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
Mix everything together. Spray baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 375. They would also be great with chocolate chips or nuts mixed in.

Decorating Icing
2 lbs powdered sugar
1 C shortening
2 T corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C water
Beat for 5-10 minutes.

No comments: