Yum Yum!


Friday, September 24, 2010

Cherry Walnut Bread

We loved this quick bread that I made from my LionHouse Bakery book the other night. It paired great with corn chowder for dinner.

Cherry Walnut Bread
1 C sugar
1/2 C veggie oil (I used applesauce)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 jar (8 oz) maraschino cherries, chopped and juice set aside
1/2 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 9x5 loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and oil. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Measure 1/2 C of the cherry juice and if there isn't enough, fill the rest with water. Alternately add flour mixtures and cherry juice to sugar mixture until well blended. Fold in cherries and nuts. Bake 55-60 minutes.

2 comments:

scubamom said...

I wish I had a piece right now!

Anonymous said...

This looks deliciously pink! I have a couple jars of cherries in my pantry so I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe. I think I might even add a handful or two of white chocolate chips. yum!

Monica H