Yum Yum!


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Monkey Banana Cake

My little boy turned two this weekend! And the same day also happens to be two of his cousin's birthdays too. So, I figured we could have a funky monkey party! And monkeys eat bananas so...I went with banana cake! I used Travis' grandma's recipe and added dried bananas on the side for extra effect. And more banana chips and chocolate covered banana chips were on the side.

Grandma Doreen's Banana Cake
2 1/2 C flour
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
1 C mashed bananas
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 C buttermilk
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Grease and flour pans (I used two 9 inch rounds for my layered cake). Mix dry ingredients. Add shortening and bananas. Beat on low speed. Add buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes. Bake at 350 for 3o minutes.

Frosting
6 T soft butter
4 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 egg (optional-I left it out)
1 1/2 ts vanilla
milk to desired consistency

Beat all together, slowly add milk until you get the consistency that you want.

No comments: