Yum Yum!


Monday, June 6, 2011

Monte Cristo

So I don't know if many people are familiar with a Monte Cristo sandwich, but my impression of them comes from Disneyland, where it is a deep fried ham and Swiss sandwich topped with powdered sugar and served with jam. I've been craving one terribly and I have no idea where else to find one.

I saw a recipe in a magazine for one, but it wasn't quite what I consider a Monte Cristo. It called for dijon mustard and had no powdered sugar or jam (so what would be the point?!). But it did have instructions for dipping it in a milk and egg mixture and frying it in oil, much like a French toast.

So we did these for dinner one night last week and really enjoyed it! It wasn't quite the deep fried version, but it certainly satisfied my craving!

No comments: