Yum Yum!


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake

Last night we had some friends over for dinner. And you know me, I was excited for a chance to try out a new recipe! I pulled this one out of a magazine a while back and decided this was a good chance to use it. It is hot outside so ice cream sounds great and I didn't have to worry about trying to travel anywhere with an ice cream dessert! It isn't my typical idea of ice cream cake, I always think of it as having actual cake in it. But it really was delicious!

And, I decided it looked really plain on top, so I used a chocolate ganache recipe for a topping. I got the recipe from my Crazy About Cupcakes book that my sister gave me. I ended up making 1/2 regular chocolate and 1/2 white chocolate.
The crust was my favorite part!

Here is was before taking off the side of the spring form pan...



Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake

4 Cups Rice Krispies or Chex cereal
6 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
3/4 C creamy peanut butter (don't use natural)
3 pints ice cream

1. Put cereal in a large bowl.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine the chocolate and peanut butter. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the cereal and mix. Spread cereal in 9 inch spring form pan, pushing it up the sides as well. Freeze until set, about 10 minutes.
4. Soften ice cream and the spread into the chilled crust. Freeze until firm.

Chocolate Ganache
1 C white or dark chocolate
3/4 C whipping cream

1. Place chocolate in a bowl.
2. In a saucepan bring the whipping cream to a boil over high heat.
3. Pour the cream onto the chocolate and stir until melted. Let cool to room temperature.

1 comment:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.