Yum Yum!


Monday, August 15, 2011

White Chocolate Cupcakes

First off, Happy Birthday to my wonderful, adorable, handsome husband! I wanted to make something special that was totally catered to his taste (cause usually I bake the stuff that sounds best to me!). Travis is a huge white chocolate fan and is crazy about fondant. So I put it all together along with some cute pirate decorations and we had a good ol' pirate party!




I found these recipes in my Crazy About Cupcakes book from my sister. I really liked these cupcakes because you melt white chocolate into the batter, but also fold in the white chips so you get extra flavor and texture. The frosting turned out really yummy, but I struggled with the consistency. I wanted to use a cute pipping tip but for some the frosting was too stiff and then I had it too runny. But the flavor and cuteness was still the star of the show. I just bought some pre-made fondant which is always easy and to use.

White Chocolate Cupcakes

2/3 C milk
1 T white vinegar
2/3 butter at room temp.
1 1/3 C sugar
3 large eggs at room temp.
1 1/4 C white chocolate chips
1/3 C water
1 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 325. Line cupcake pan with paper baking cups.
2. Combine the milk and vinegar in a cup. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, or about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Combine 1/2 C of the white chocolate chips and the water in a small saucepan. Heat on low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
5. Add the vanilla and the white chocolate/water mixture to the creamed mixture.
6. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, beating for 1 minutes after each addition. Fold in the rest of the white chocolate chips.
8. Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
4 T butter at room temp.
3 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 C powdered sugar

1. Heat the white chocolate, butter, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar, stirring constantly until combined. Add more milk or sugar to desired consistency.


1 comment:

scubamom said...

Fun! Lets have a pirate party!