Yum Yum!


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cookie Sandwiches

Last night my sister and I made these cookie sandwiches. The cookie recipe has cream cheese it it and they were soft and moist-super delish! The filling is a cream cheese Nutella recipe. It was a good frosting, but I've finally realized that whenever I made something with Nutella I like it okay, but I would rather just eat it plain. So I am going to give up on Nutella recipes and just use it as is.
Cream Cheese Cookies

1 C butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
3 tsp vanilla
2-2 1/2 C flour

Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour, mix well. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about an hour.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls. If you are using them as a cookie sandwich, flatten them down. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.

Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
1 C Nutella
1 C powdered sugar

No comments: