Yum Yum!


Monday, November 15, 2010

Nutella Cheesecake Brownie


I found this recipe two weeks ago on a blog I like to follow (Cheeky Kitchen), and it has been on my mind ever since. I have been craving cheesecake and this really hit the spot. The cheesecake part was amazing! However, I felt like the brownie part of it was so-so. But Travis still really liked the brownie part so I guess it is all about personal preferences. So, I will give you the whole recipe, but when I make this again (and believe me, I will!) I plan to double the cheesecake portion and bake it in a chocolate crumb shell instead of on the brownies.

Nutella Cheesecake Brownies

Brownie layer:
4 eggs
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter
3/4 C cocoa
1/2 C nutella
1/3 C flour

Cheesecake layer:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 C nutella
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs

In one bowl, beat all of the brownie ingredients together. In another bowl, beat all of the cheesecake ingredients together. Pour brownie batter into an 8x8 greased pan (these will be very thick). Gently spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mixture. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. The brownies will be set, but if you poke a toothpick in the center if won't come out dry, no worries! The cheesecake layer needs to cool completely to set up. I kept mine in the fridge for a few hours.

No comments: