Yum Yum!


Monday, November 1, 2010

Skeletons and Ghosts

I had so much fun baking Halloween goodies this year. I made chocolate sugar cookies for Travis to take to a work potluck. I did both skeletons and ghosts, then I did the skeletons again for his family party on Halloween. It had been forever since I'd had these cookies, one my my grandma's recipes, and they were delicious!


Chocolate Sugar Cookies

3/4 C crisco
1 C sugar
1 egg
1/4 C light corn syrup
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream crisco, sugar, and egg. Stir in syrup and melted chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Form and ball, cover, and chill for 1 hour. Roll out onto sugared board. Cut into shapes. Bake at 350 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

day queen said...

these are so darn cute