Yum Yum!


Monday, December 5, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars


This is the second treat I made for the goody plates. These are one of my most favorite treats at Christmas time (the other is fudge nut pie)! So I was very excited to make them. My mom has been baking them forever and I always look forward to them. This was actually the first time I've ever made them. I especially love to eat them frozen!

Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars
1 C butter
2 C flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C chopped walnuts
1/3 C raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter until creamy. Add flour, sugar and salt. Press 1 3/4 C of the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. In a pot, heat and stir the condensed milk and 1 C chocolate chips. Spread chocolate mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle nuts on top of chocolate. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top. Then drop teaspoonfuls of the jam on top. Finish by sprinkling the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: