Yum Yum!


Friday, December 9, 2011

Cinnamon Almond Brittle


I thought this recipe sounded fun and a little different so I wanted to make it for my goody plates. I did enjoy the flavor, but they had a very sticky/chewy texture that I wasn't as crazy about. I wish they had been a bit crunchier.

Cinnamon Almond Brittle
1 C sugar
1 C light corn syrup
1 C sliced almonds
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T butter
1 tsp baking soda

1. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large microwaves safe bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, almonds and salt. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes and scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Bowl will get hot so be careful.
3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and butter. Microwave 3 minutes more, stopping to stir half way through.
4. Stir in baking soda (mixture will become foamy). Carefully pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread candy to 1/4 inch thickness. Cool completely and break into pieces.

No comments: