Yum Yum!


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Glaze

I seriously enjoyed making my own birthday cake! I made exactly what I wanted and I had fun doing it! I made a peanut butter silk cake from a Betty Crocker recipe. Then I used a peanut butter butter cream frosting that my grandma recommended and I topped it with my all time favorite chocolate glaze.


It was absolutely delicious and I definitely enjoyed eating a slice too many!

Peanut Butter Silk Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 C water
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/3 C oil
3 eggs

Heat over to 350. Generously grease two round cake pans (8 or 9 inch rounds). Beat all ingredients on low speed of mixer for 30 seconds. Then beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl a few times. Bake 32-38 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Peanut Butter Butter Cream Frosting

8 T softened butter
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
3/4 C powdered sugar
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T milk

Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and salt and beat low until moist, then beat on medium, scraping bowl a few times. Add vanilla and milk, beat on low, then speed it up to med-high until it is light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.

Dark Cocoa Glaze

3 T water
2 T butter
3 T Cocoa
1 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Heat water and butter in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla, beat with a whisk until smooth, cool slightly before using.

No comments: