Yum Yum!


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Skinny Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones

I got this recipe from a blog that I follow. The were yummy with eggs and smoothies the other day!

Skinny Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
3/4 C cold buttermilk
1/4 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 C flour
1 C whole wheat flour (I didn't have any, so I ground some oats, which worked great)
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 T chilled butter

Preheat oven to 375. Combine the first 4 ingredients. Spray baking sheet or muffin cups with cooking spray.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Cut in chilled butter. Fold in chocolate chips. Add milk mixture, stir until moist.

The recipe said to knead the dough a few times on a floured surface, but mine was way too wet to handle, so I didn't bother. Place in muffin cups or on sheet and bake 18-20 minutes.

No comments: