Yum Yum!


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken pot pie. Is it just an excuse to eat pie crust for dinner? Who cares! I looooove pie crust, especially my Great Grandma Summers' recipe, it is the best!

And I realize this isn't a dessert recipe, but I did bake it, so it definitely made the cut to be blogging worthy.

Oh, and I was inspired to make it a little St. Patrick's Day festive!





Pie Crust

1 1/3 C flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 C Crisco
3 tbsp water

Mix flour and salt. Cut in Crisco until mixture is uniform. Sprinkle with water, tossing lightly with a fork. Shape into a ball, roll out on flour surface (I like to do it in between two sheets of wax paper).

If using as a bottom crust, line pie plate, cut off excess edges, flute edges and prick bottom and sides if pre-baking.

For top crust, fill pie plate with filling, then flip the rolled out crust on top and flute.

Bake at 425 10-12 minutes

*Do no over work crust! I try to handle it at little as possible and it turns out deliciously flaky!

Pot Pie Filling


Since I am an amateur and all, its totally okay for me to not go all out on everything, right? For my filling, I mix cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, and cubbed boiled chicken. It tastes pretty good to me, especially when all I really care about is the crust!

1 comment:

4handfulls said...

Mmmmm, I love that crust so much!