Yum Yum!


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Festive Flop

I learned an important lesson in brownie making the other day:
Marshmallow brownies need a specific marshmallow brownie recipe.

Let me explain, I wanted to make something St. Patrick's Day-ish. And Travis was wanting marshmallow brownies. And I figured I would take a brownie recipe I had that you are supposed to mix in mint patties and switch them out for green marshmallows. But all I got was one big gooey, sticky, stiff, ugly brownie tar goo.

I'm embarrassed to be blogging this at all, but hey, this is amateur baking here! The good news is, I don't have to rewrite the recipe, because trust me-you don't want it.

Dying the marshmallows (this step should have given me a clue that this wasn't exactly going to work, but I continued anyway).

Oh, the brownie mix is looking good, but don't let it deceive you.

Still hopeful that this is going to work...






Ugh. Really? Did I create that? At least I can say this, it may look like one big gooey, sticky, stiff, ugly brownie tar goo...but it tasted pretty good!

No comments: