Yum Yum!


Friday, May 14, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Cake

Last night when I wanted a quick treat I turned to this recipe I got a while back from a co-worker. It is kind of fun and intriguing to make such a fast cake in the microwave, great for just one serving and a quick indulgence. It isn't the most amazing cake in the world, but it does meet that occasional craving! I'm sorry I didn't take a picture last night, but I assure you I ate it and enjoyed it and figured I should pass on the recipe! I definitely recommend some type of frosting too.


5 Minute Chocolate Cake

4 T flour
4 T sugar
2 T cocoa
1 egg
3 T milk
3 T oil
3 T chocolate chips-optional
splash of vanilla
1 LARGE mug or bowl

Mix dry ingredients in mug. Mix in egg. Pour in milk and oil, mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Microwave 3 minutes, all to cool before eating because it will be extremely hot.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I made a version of this awhile back and while it was a cool experiment to watch it "grow" in the microwave it was not very good. I tried to save it by adding chocolate chips to the top but it turned out that that was the only part we liked. ha ha!