Yum Yum!


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hershey's Cocoa in Chili?!

Yep, that's right, I put Hershey's Cocoa in our chili! I saw this recipe in my Hershey's book and decided it was time to try something wild!

It really did have a nice smokey flavor. I was a little afraid to admit to Travis that I put chocolate in our dinner, but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't taste weird and chocolaty so I did fess up to him! We actually both agreed it was yummy and worth making again!

I did switch out a few ingredients in mine. I used celery instead of onion, I slow cooked steak instead of the ground beef, and used black beans instead of kidney beans. Oh, and I highly recommend reducing the chili powder amount by at least half if not more. All in all, I think it was a fun recipe to try!



SMOKEY CHILI WITH PASTA

2 Cups uncooked pasta
1 pound ground beef
1 C chopped onion
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans of condensed tomato soup
2 Tbsp Hershey's Cocoa
2 1/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
cheese and sour cream (optional)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.

2. Cook ground beef and onion until meat is cooked through and onion is tender. Drain fat if necessary.

3. Stir in undrained kidney beans, soup, cocoa, chili powder, pepper and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in pasta; heat thoroughly. Serve with cheese and sour cream.

1 comment:

scubamom said...

Hmmm... my have to try this one!