Yum Yum!


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

This week was one of my art students' birthday, so what better excuse to try a new cake recipe? This comes from a booklet that my mom passed down to me.

We really enjoyed this cake, the chocolate glaze makes it awesome. My only thoughts on changing the actual recipe would be to add more chocolate chips, cause I'm an extra chocolate kind of person.


Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

1 C butter (no substitutions)
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 C flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 C sour cream
2 C semisweet chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda and add the the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 10 inch bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes. Cool completely, then top with glaze.
(I don't have a bundt pan, so I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a 9 inch round, later I wished I had remembered my mini bundt pan, but oh well, another time!)

Chocolate Glaze:

1/4 C semisweet chocolate chips
2 T butter
1 1/4 C powdered sugar
3 T milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cake.

No comments: