Yum Yum!


Friday, May 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffles


I was just in the mood to make something delicious and fun so I picked this recipe. I tore it out of a magazine a long time ago and am now finally getting around to making them!
I cut the recipe down to scale so we wouldn't have too many (so I can make a cake tomorrow!). And I wanted to give each one it's own special touch with different toppings. I used graham cracker crumbs, chopped macadamia nuts, coconut, mini M&Ms and peanuts. Travis said his favorite was the macadamia nuts and I think mine was the one with the peanuts on it.
I really enjoyed these, but I wanted the peanut butter to be a little sweeter, more like a peanut butter cup, so maybe next time I would consider cutting down the amount of powdered milk and replacing it with some powdered sugar. But with all that said, the over all outcome was still "YUM!"


Peanut Butter Truffles
Mix together 1/2 C peanut butter, 1/3 C honey, and 1 C powdered milk. Roll into 20 one inch balls. Melt 6 oz of chocolate and dip balls into it. Top or roll truffles with garnishes of your choice while the chocolate is still gooey. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.

No comments: