Yum Yum!


Friday, May 13, 2011

Chocolate Silk Pie

This weekend we were invited to dinner by a sweet lady that Travis works with. When we asked if we could bring something, she said I could bring dessert. Does anyone have any idea how happy they make me when they suggest I bring dessert?! Seriously, it makes my day.

So I went to my notebook (yes, a notebook) full of all the recipes I'm dying to try as soon as I have an excuse, and I picked this one. I took this out of a cookbook that came with my kitchenaid. And I've been in a pie mood recently, so it was perfect! I used the same pie crust as my last dessert, which is my family's favorite that comes from my Grandma Summers.
I liked this pie, but I can't say that I loved it. Actually, after I made it I was thinking about my most favorite pie ever, fudge-nut pie and wished that I thought to make that one. So, I wrote it in my notebook for another time!


Chocolate Silk Pie
1 1/2 C sugar
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
3 eggs
2/3 C evaporated milk
1/2 C melted butter/margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 unbaked pie crust
whipped cream-optional

Preheat over to 350. Place ungreased cookie sheet in over to preheat.
Mix sugar and cocoa. Gradually add eggs, evaporated milk, butter and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes. Pour into pie crust and place on preheated cookie sheet. Bake 55-60 minutes or until the center puffs up and pie is set. Cool completely and top with whipped cream.

No comments: