Yum Yum!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies



I made some cookies for my family the other day. I decided on this recipe that I'd torn out of a magazine, it is a "healthy" option with whole wheat flour and oats. I enjoyed them, but to be honest they didn't just melt in your mouth. However, I do enjoy the texture that whole wheat provides.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 C wheat flour
1 C oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C butter
1/3 C peanut butter
1/4 C buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray. Mix together flour, oats, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat sugar, butter, peanut butter and buttermilk. Stir in flour mixture to make a soft dough. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, place on sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten gently with the back of a fork. Bake 9 minutes.

No comments: