Yum Yum!


Monday, June 21, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Brownies

Brownies with ice cream is my most favorite dessert ever! So why has it been soooo long since I've had them? I'm very ashamed of myself for ignoring this wonderful dessert. I guess I've been busy trying so many new, fun recipes that I haven't gotten around to the good ol favorites.

The other night I realized we had left over ice cream from Dillon's birthday and it was the perfect opportunity to make a homemade brownie and I could make Travis extra happy by adding in the white chocolate! It was delicious!





Homemade Brownies
(from my Hershey Cookbook-you're supposed to add peppermint patties but I switched them for white chocolate chips)

3/4 C cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 C butter, melted and divided
1/2 C boiling water
2 C sugar
2 eggs (I just used 4 whites)
1 1/3 C flour (I used wheat)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 package of white chocolate (or mint patties or whatever candy pieces you fancy)

Heat over to 350 and grease a 13x9 pan.

Stir together cocoa and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 C butter. Add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Blend completely. Add white chocolate. Spread in pan.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull from sides.

No comments: