Yum Yum!


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wedding Cookies



First off, lets all admire my picture editing skills. Ohhh! Ahhh! Wow!


Okay, that's enough everyone, don't embarrass me!
I whipped up these bad boys the other day for Travis to take on his road trip (he was off to an interview). They are from my Lion House Bakery book and have been on my mind for a while now and I'm glad I finally got to them, because...yum!

Wedding Cookies

1/2 C sugar
1 C soft butter
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 C chopped walnuts of pecans
powdered sugar

Preheat over to 350. In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Add nuts and mix. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the tops are slightly cracked and bottoms are light brown. Roll cookies in powdered sugar while they are still very warm.

By the way, does anyone happen to know why these would be called wedding cookies?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

...because you eat them at weddings...

scubamom said...

I LOVE wedding cookies! I will have to try these. When I was a kid that was my favorite cookie from the local bakery!