Yum Yum!


Monday, June 7, 2010

Walnut Truffles

I know, I know, you are probably saying "wait, aren't those the exact same recipe she called "wedding cookies" a few days ago?

Well, yes and no. I found this recipe online a while ago and they sounded really good, so I tucked it away for another day. Well I decided since we like the other ones so much that I would give this recipe a shot to compare them. They really are almost the same, maybe a slight difference here or there (this one called for salt while the other didn't). The verdict? They tasted the same to me, but since they are yummy, I didn't mind!

Walnut Truffles

1 C butter
6 T sugar
1/2 t vanilla
2 C flour
pinch of salt
8 oz chopped walnuts
1 1/4 C powdered sugar

Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
Gradually beat in flour and salt.
Stir in nuts.
Shape into one inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 for 14 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
While hot, turn in powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Are these from last night? They were super yummy!

scubamom said...

My mouth is watering...