Yum Yum!


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whole Wheat French Bread

It is been a while since I made homemade bread, and I was really craving that soft, delicious texture, but I wanted to use whole wheat to make it a tad healthier. I tried a new recipe for French bread out of my Lion House book, and I can't begin to tell you what a HUGE letdown this bread was!



Maybe it turned out in the sense of what French Bread should be, but the outside was way too hard and crusty for my taste. So, in the end, I have lots of bread and I'm still craving the good old stuff. I guess next time I'll go back to my go-to bread recipe and maybe skip the wheat flour.


I hope no one minds, but I decided not to bother posting the recipe since I was so disappointed in the outcome. At least they look attractive!


And now I'm thinking of ways to use my crusty French bread so I don't waste it. I'm thinking about dipping it in soup or making a bread pudding?

No comments: